Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Welcome to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Welcome, welcome!  Welcome to this beautiful spot I currently call home.  I say currently as I suspect Vancouver Island will not be the last place I park my bike.  Nor was it the first.

I grew up in Canada.  Almost all of it.  Army brat?  Nope.  Daughter to journalists who wanted to "see the country" and took me along for the ride...in the orange Volvo station wagon with the canoe on top.

I've lived in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Nunavut, NWT and BC.  I grew up in small towns and close to nature.  I remember thinking to myself many times how I would spend my adult life in one town, in a big lavish home and raise my family in the traditional manner.  Ha!  Not so.  I just couldn't sit still and only now have I accepted that I am nomadic.

There's the saying, "Do what you love and the money will follow."  Time to test drive that!

I love to travel for all of the obvious reasons.  Since moving to Vancouver Island I've decided to document the places I hike, bike and drive to.  A friend suggested I start a blog.  So, here it is.

Welcome to Vancouver Island, British Columbia!

No comments:

Post a Comment