Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Launch

Well, here goes.  I flirted with this idea in December 2010 and now that I've quit my j.o.b. I am fortunate to be able to take a pause and play.

In the last 6 months I have turned 43, seen my youngest graduate and leave the nest, observed my only sibling's 50th birthday, the passing of my father and just recently, left a job that kept a roof over my head and gas in the Jeep.  Many life mileposts condensed into a very short period of time.  Each event lead me to realize I haven't been doing what I truly want to be doing.

The last four years have been short on fun.  It's been work.  It's been doing what's necessary to survive and keep up.  I forgot about the fun.  Use it or lose it and somewhere along the way I lost how to have fun and be fun.  Now is the time to flex the fun muscle.

I have been moving since I was born.  I have lived as far east as Belle Island, Newfoundland, as far west as Victoria, British Columbia and as far north as Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.  I've lived in many places in between and many places within those places.  Now, I'd like to see the rest of the world.

So far, I haven't picked where or how but I am full of ideas!  My mom says sometimes the biggest part of the fun is the planning.  She's right.  I'm having a blast setting up hollysvillage, updating the blog and talking with my friends about where to go and when.  How fortunate am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment